HP Sprocket Panorama Printer – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This document is for HP Sprocket Panorama Printer and the HP Panorama app. Get the answers to frequently asked questions about HP Sprocket Panorama Printer here.
Why is my printout blank?
The HP Sprocket Panorama ZINK paper roll might be loaded incorrectly.
- Turn off the printer.
- Pair the printer with the HP Panorama app.
- Remove the cover on the printer.
- Remove the paper roll and paper roll holder from the printer.
- Reload the paper roll into the printer. Make sure to feed the end of the paper into the slot until it reaches the stopper.
Note: Roll back up if the paper unwinds without touching the glossy side.
- Place the paper roll holder back inside. Make sure it clicks in place.
- Place the cover back on the printer.
- Turn on the printer and then resend the print job.
How do I reset my printer?
If the printer does not print when you send a print job or turn off when you press the Power button, reset the printer to clear any errors.
- Make sure the printer is on.
- Use a pin to press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the printer.
- Release the reset button when the cutting button LED light turns off.
Why do I need to load the cleaning sheet?
The cleaning sheet cleans the printer to provide the best print quality for printing. The cleaning sheet cleans the paper path rollers when you need to improve print quality. Use the cleaning sheet after every 10 – 15 prints or if streaking appears in the photos to ensure the best print quality. Keep the cleaning sheet for future maintenance.
How do I improve print quality?
There are a number of different solutions to try in order to improve print quality.
Some solutions are:
- Check the photo paper
- Clean the printer
- Update the firmware
- Edit your photos
- Cool down the printer
For more information, go to Improving Print Quality.
Why do I see a blinking red light?
The HP Sprocket Panorama Printer has two indicator lights.
- Battery button LED
- Cutter button LED
If the Battery button LED is blinking red, then the printer has low battery and needs to be charged.
If the Cutter button LED is blinking red, then the printer is out of paper, overheated, or has a paper jam.
How do I maximize the battery life of my printer?
There are several ways to help your battery last longer. Use these suggestions to maximize battery life.
- Change how long the printer remains on. To change when the printer automatically turns off, open the HP Panorama app. Then, tap the Menu icon on the top corner of the screen. Next, select Manage Printers and tap on the name of your printer. Finally, tap Auto Off to change the auto shutoff time.
- Charge the printer with a USB power source of at least 2 AMPs. If you charge the printer using a computer USB port or Hub, the printer might not receive enough power to charge properly.
- Charge the printer when you are not using it. Leave the printer plugged into a power source whenever you are not using it.
Can I send multiple print jobs at the same time?
Yes. When you send a print job while the printer is processing another print job or is turned off, the print job is sent to the print queue.
What is the warranty of my printer?
The printer has a one-year limited hardware warranty from the date of purchase.
Note: HP cannot provide warranty services for a printer that is damaged due to customer misuse, such as dropping the printer or water damage.
Why does my printer turn off automatically?
The printer turns off automatically because it has a built-in automatic shutoff feature. This feature helps to preserve the battery charge of the printer. You can adjust when the printer automatically turns off if needed.
To adjust the Auto Off setting:
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Open the HP Panorama app.
- Tap the Menu icon on the top corner of the screen.
- Select Manage Printers and tap on the name of your printer.
- Tap Auto Off to change the auto shutoff time.
What paper sizes are compatible with my printer?
The HP Sprocket Panorama Printer uses HP Sprocket Panorama Zink paper rolls that are 2” in width.
Where do I find the serial number of my printer?
You can find the printer serial number on the sticker located on the bottom of the printer.
How do I clear a paper jam in my printer?
- If a paper jam occurs, wait a moment to see if the printer clears the jam automatically.
- If so, you can continue to use the printer as normal.
- If not and it remains in error mode, open the back cover, pick up the paper roll holder, and pull out the paper roll from the printer engine. Afterward, check under the cutter hole to see if there is any obstruction there.
- If not, then you can continue to use the printer as normal.
- If yes, clear it with a Q tip or any other thing that fits into it.
- It's best to reset the printer with the reset button after a paper jam. Please press the reset button at the bottom of the printer using a pin.